Pro-D Day on the Harrison River - Oct. 2010

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Edmodo Up and Running

I said I would report back on how my students are using our Edmodo social learning network. It is right on track; the kids have stopped (for the most part) using it simply as a socializing spot and started talking to each other and to me about what they are learning. Kids have asked for clarification of assignments, continued with our observation of the phases of the moon, and helped each other understand math concepts. I have posted links to online math quizzes, tide tables and geography games for students to use.  One boy is sharing all kinds of Hallowe'en jokes - "What is a vampire's favorite fruit? ....... A neck-tarine!" I think we're going to be laughing too hard to carve our jack-o'lantern.

I haven't managed to successfully post any video on the site yet, something to do with file formats, I think. Hopefully soon.

If they (and I) keep our enthusiasm for this interaction going all year, it should give a big boost to our learning atmosphere at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment