Pro-D Day on the Harrison River - Oct. 2010

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Buenos Dias, el Mundo

No, I'm not going to continue writing in Spanish, I just thought it sounded better than "Hello World". This is my first attempt at blogging, so please be gentle.

When I started my Learning and Teaching with Technology program a year and a half ago, I described my knowledge of and experience with digital technology, especially in a school setting, as "being in up to my knees". (I like the water, especially the ocean, where I can swim and paddle and sail.) I said that by the middle of the program, the one-year mark, I hoped to be in up to my waist. Well, now we're 3/4 of the way through, and I feel the water getting close to my shoulders. If it gets much deeper, I'll have to get my mask, fins and snorkel and go for a dive. I am diving into this new world of online thinking and communicating, so here's to calm waters! For my paddling friends, I'm not quite ready for high braces yet, maybe a few low ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment