Pro-D Day on the Harrison River - Oct. 2010

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Classroom 2.0 Network in Spanish

I just extended my PLN to South America! I got an email from Classroom 2.0 about an Elluminate session tonight from a network called Aula 2.0 (Aula = Classroom), broadcasting from Lima, Peru. Since I speak and understand Spanish, I thought I would just listen in and see what it was like. The moderator showed several ways his students are using Web 2.0 tools in their classes: webcasting, webquests, podcasting, wikis, etc. There were participants from South American countries and at least 2 teachers in the U.S.

The Elluminate discussion was quite fascinating since they were discussing the same tools, theories and strategies we are working on in LTT, including Connectivism. One of the slides gave a quote from George Siemens from 2004, so I knew they were aware of his work. I mentioned his blog "Connectivism.ca", for people who could read English. One person chatted that George speaks Spanish (now wouldn't that be handy?!).  Another of the slides had a great mind-map graphic in English with the titles: "Learning Ecology" and "Connectivism - Process of Creating Network" connecting Filters, Dimensions of Learning, Network Value, Learning Concepts and Conduits. I found the graphic gave me a better understanding of Connectivism. (I thought of copying the graphic here, but then I realized I could be infringing on copyright. The whole slide presentation is at http://aprendamoslastics.blogspot.com/2010/08/charla-aplicaciones-didacticas-de-la.html. Scroll down a bit to the green window, click on it, and look for slide 20.) I took the mic for a minute and told them who I am and what we are doing in LTT, and after the session I joined the Aula 2.0 site. Kind of neat, doing that with folks in South America! If anyone wants to check it out, their network site is http://www.aula20.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment