Pro-D Day on the Harrison River - Oct. 2010

Monday, September 27, 2010

Diving into Edmodo

Today, I introduced my Grade 4 students to our Edmodo social learning website. All but three of the 26 kids have internet access at home. By 8:00 tonight, there were several pages of messages between the kids and several to me. A lot of them go something like ... "Hi, this is me. Who's online? Oh, I have to go now. Wwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttt!!" Tomorrow, in the computer lab, I'll be spelling out the guidelines for appropriate posts, that they need to have some relation to what we are doing at school, that it's a social learning site, not just a social networking site. Most of them have used Facebook, so that's what they're relating it to, of course. I don't mind it they get all the chit-chat out of their system; hopefully in a few days they'll settle down to a bit more serious use of the site.

In a few days, when we're up and running, I'll be able to report on how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment